1. Pickler wrote the title track in response to an interviewer's question about which of her songs best described her. "I told him, 'I honestly didn't think I'd written it yet. But you know what? I am going to write that song when we hang up the phone.'" She wrote The Woman I Am that night when her husband, songwriter Kyle Jacobs, came home. "Nobody knows the woman I am better than my husband. There was no way I could try to be anything I'm not, because he could definitely call me on it."
2. Even though Pickler wrote Bonnie & Clyde with Jacobs, she does not consider him the Clyde to her Bonnie. "He's definitely not my partner in crime. He's the one that gets me out of trouble. My dad's name is Clyde, and I think of my dad and his crazy girlfriends in the past. Come to think of it, he did date a Bonnie."
3. Pickler doesn't consider herself much of an outlaw, but she did break into the North Carolina State Fair once. "I don't know why, but we were wanting to race down the big slides they have. It was about three or four in the morning. The fence was chained shut, but it was open just enough for us to squeeze through. We were trashed, so we go up to the top of that thing and started racing down. The slides were wet from rain, so when we got going, there was no way to stop at the end, nothing to slow us down. We went so fast sliding down, we were just like sacks of potatoes going across the gravel at the end. One of the girls who was with us ripped the skin on her leg down to the meat. But we were so drunk, we didn't really care."
4. She dreams of George Jones. "I had a dream that George Jones and I robbed a liquor store."
5. She's been wanting to cut I Forgive You since she first moved to town. "It's been on hold by a much bigger artist, but we were able to squeeze it in on this one. The place I was in my life when I first heard that song, I don't think I could have sung those words and meant it. I had to do a lot of soul-searching to come to that place where I can say 'I forgive' and mean it. It's one thing to say you forgive someone, it's another to actually forgive them." LISTEN UP: *** (out of four) for 'The Woman I Am'
6. Pickler and Gloriana's Rachel Reinert both got tattoos during a wild night in Austin, while on tour with Taylor Swift. But Pickler was the only one who came home with a nose ring. "I had a diamond stud in my nose, but it was long, like a nail, and they had bent it up in there. My husband had to get little needle-nose pliers to get that thing out of my nose. I didn't take very well to it. And I don't like not being able to clean everything good. I like to make sure the bats are out of the cage, you know?"
7. If you want to get Pickler to do something, dare her. (Even better: double-dog dare her.) "If there's a plane, and you say 'jump,' if I've got a parachute, I'll do it. My pride gets the best of me when someone says, 'You won't do it.' "When I was 13, I was at the beach with friends and everybody was getting their bellybuttons pierced. Someone was like, 'I bet you won't get your tongue pierced.' Of course, I'm like, 'OK, fine, I'll do it.' "I came home, and my grandmother grabbed me by the chin and said, 'Stick out your tongue … further.' I never heard her cuss, ever, but she said, 'You look like a damn stripper! Get that (expletive) out of your mouth!' " While the hole from the nose ring eventually healed over, the one in her tongue didn't. Nor did the one in her navel. "On Dancing With the Stars, I put (a stud) back in, because the hole never closed, and the costumes we were wearing showed our stomachs." So, for the record, Pickler has had ear, nose, tongue and navel piercings. But that's it. "No nipple ring. No … other rings."
8. She has not worked any choreography from Dancing With the Stars into her concerts. "My music doesn't go very well with ballroom dancing, and I can't ballroom-dance by myself." She and Dancing With the Stars partner Derek Hough did threaten to introduce dance moves to her band, though. "My band, they don't dance. They're a honky-tonk band — they're not going to break out the tango or the Viennese waltz. I said, 'Derek's out here on the road not just to rehearse with me. We're going to start putting choreography in the show.' My drummer was going, 'Whew, I can't dance, because I have to sit to play.' But they were scared."
9. Pickler's husband won a dance contest of his own while in college in Minnesota. "We've been joking about sneaking into the Country Music Hall of Fame and putting his little dance trophy beside my mirror-ball trophy."
10. She will never pose for Playboy, even on a dare. At least not as long as her father's alive. "My dad would go to prison again, because he wouldn't kill me, he would kill whoever took the pictures. And my grandma would haunt me."
11. Her favorite cuss word is the f-word. "It's an awful cuss word. It's so bad. And I'm not proud of it at all, because I don't want people to say, 'That's my favorite cuss word, too!' It's my go-to word, and it's awful, because it's so unladylike. My husband looks at me and goes, 'Baby? Really? Sailor mouth!' I'm not proud of that."
Story Credit USA Today